Friday, February 5, 2016

Day 7: Papers

Piles of Paper 3
2/4/16
My house isn't this bad, but I feel like it's a mountainous chore to go through papers.  My husband doesn't want me to mess with them, so my hands are tied except for the baskets in the kitchen and my old filing cabinet out in the garage.  
I've photographed my problem spots in the house and I'm hesitant to put it all in one spot to sort through it because I think I know what it is, and where it is right now.  I'm going against Marie's advice and I'm working on discarding right where it's at and I'll have to come up with a better organizing system after to keep it all in one place.  I'm working on cutting up old membership cards, store discount cards, expired coupons, expired medical cards, receipts, and garbage so far.  I actually just found a cat toy manual! ~ really ~ Ugh, the things we end up sticking in a basket is kind of crazy!
I completed discarding from 4 baskets worth of paper stuff.   I opened the filing cabinet in the garage and got lost in a binder of collected (and forgotten) postage stamps from the early 90's.  I will continue this paper quest tomorrow.
P.S. If your working on this method, let me know how it's going for you, I'd love to have company on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment